What is it?
Widevine Content Decryption Module (WidevineCdm) is definitely a by-default add-on in Google Chrome. This would mean it’s not something installed by external computer software. Once you load up Chrome for the very first time, it’s indeed loaded with Chrome.
What is it meant for?
Actually, with WidevineCdm, you can view DRM-protected HTML5 audio and video on Chrome. For example,, simply with it enabled, you're able to watch Netflix’s video clips on Chrome. If it’s misplaced or not refreshed in your Chrome, then you can obtain the malfunction.
Easy Method to Repair WidevineCdm Missing Issue?
If you just cannot notice WidevineCdm in chrome://components/, you have to make sure you're using Chrome from Google.
Whenever you do, after that executes this:
1) Uninstall Google Chrome you've got.
2) Reboot your computer system.
3) Download Google Chrome from Google Chrome web-site.
4) Head to chrome://components/ in the freshly added Chrome and find the update for WidevineCdm.
Follow methods below to deal with widevine content decryption module not-updated issue in Windows OS.
Simple Tips to Correct WidevineCdm Not-Upgraded Error
Method 1: Eliminate Computer Security Applications
The antivirus tools on your laptop like anti-virus or firewall application can avoid WidevineCdm from improving successfully. So we instructed you Get rid of your antimalware at first, and attempt to up-date WidevineCdm in chrome://components/.
Please note: You'll be able to turn-on your antimalware app as soon as the update is done with success.
Method 2: See If PC Login User Name has Complete Rights to Change WidevineCdm Folder
1) On your computer system, press Windows key + R key simultaneously to launch a Run text box. Then simply write %userprofile%/appdata/local in the box and push Enter.
2) On the pop-up window, double-click Google > Chrome > User Data.
3) In User Data directory, find out and right-click on WidevineCdm to pick Properties.
4) On open window, hit on Security pane. Therefore find out if your logon pc user is authorized with 100 % control.
In case it’s not, just click Edit… to amend the adjustment. Uncheck the text box of Decline catalog, then simply click Apply > OK to keep your option.
Go back again chrome://components/ to ensure for upgrade again.
Method 3: Get Rid of Widevine Folder
1) End Chrome web browser.
2) Follow stage 1)-3) in Method 2 to get WidevineCdm folder within laptop or computer.
3) Move the directory to Recycle Bin. Right-click on Recycle Bin to select Empty Recycle Bin.
Then go back once again chrome://components/ to search for upgrade once more.